The following sections contain detailed instructions about home care before and after your surgery. Please read this information carefully and let us know if you have any questions.
In Case of Problems
Should you encounter any unusual problems after your surgery that is not covered in these instructions, call our office at 307-235-1600. In the event that you need assistance after our normal business hours, you will be given instruction on how to reach Dr. Hardy.
Please select one of the following options for detailed instructions.
- You may not have anything to eat OR drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment.
- A responsible adult must accompany and REMAIN at the office WITH the vehicle during the procedure, and drive the patient home. The ride may not leave during the appointment.
- No Smoking at least twelve (12) hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes. Please do not wear slip on shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery. Any facial piercings MUST be removed prior to surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Hardy prior to your surgical date for instructions.
After Wisdom Tooth Surgery/Removal of Multiple Teeth
After Placement of Dental Implants
After Bone Grafting
After Sinus Elevation